- High security and privacy
- Instant real-time support
- No ads
- Completely free
- Can't know the status of contacts
- Has no voice or video features
- Has no multiple selection feature for when you want to send multiple files
4. FB Messenger
- Makes it faster to chat
- Many permissions are only needed when users want a specific feature
- Group chats are easier to form
- Group video chat easily regardless of devices
- Tied to personal Facebook account
- It's difficult to completely protect your privacy
- Can quickly drain the battery of your device
- Not as professional as Slack or Skype
- Free video Conferencing
- Unlimited number of chats and video conferencing
- Audio quality deteriorates when using webcam
- Sound quality not great
- Bandwidth and CPU usage increase dramatically when installed
- Group chats get cluttered
- Not as many integrations as Slack
Slack is a collaboration hub for work, no matter what work you do. It’s a place where conversations happen, decisions are made, and information is always at your fingertips. With Slack, your team is better connected.
- A great hub to talk about projects
- Share media, projects, images
- Insane amount of integrations (Zapier makes almost anything possible with Slack)
- Write on teammates screen when screen sharing
- Layers of organization (channels, workspaces)
- Single channel guests
- Emoji reactions to messages
- Free to join
- Lack of raw communication
- Onboarding is so easy that most non-tech savvy people don't understand the process
All these tools above are great but just don't meet remote work standards. We're not saying Yac is perfect but we designed it with a remote-first mindset. With Yac, collaborating on a project even if your team is offline is now possible. At Yac we believe communication is a key component to a team's success and can be done without constantly spinning up a meetings or scheduling times to talk. We've built a tool to help you on-board your team with 1-Click, share voice messages directly to Slack, and truly collaborate on your own terms. Remote work is meant to liberate, and we think It's time to speak without the burden of a meeting.
- Easily talk to your own teammates by leaving them a message about a project or quickly asking them for an update.
- No more trying to sync up schedules or setting meetings.
- On-board your time with 1-Click and share voice messages directly to Slack.
- Asynchronous voice messages mean you listen on your own time.